Last night I stayed up until 3 a.m. reading this blog . It was really inspiring to me. I have pretty much struggled with weight most of my life. When I was a little girl I was so thin. Tiny, really it looked like I never ate. Then it all changed when I was a teenager, maybe 14?? While ttc we found out that I have PCOS.
For those of you who know about this it makes it difficult to lose weight. Well anyway fast forward 15 years and I am still over weight and I am SO TIRED!!! Here is why..
- I hate to try on clothes
- I have never found a “perfect’ pair of jeans
- I can’t climb stairs without being out of breath
- I have a small wardrobe bc there isn’t much that I am comfortable wearing
- I DONT wear bathing suites, even the ones with covers
- I’m tired all the time
This is only scratching the surface. Don’t get me wrong. I have “tried” and I use that term loosly. Here a few things I have “tried”:
* Zumba dvds – with the zumba sticks 🙂
* Biggest loser dvd
* Treadmill- currently collecting dust
* Prenatal yoga- I did this while I was pregnant
* Pilates dvds
* 2-3 gym memberships
* south beach diet books
* low carb diets
I’m getting frustrated just writing about that. I just want to be comfortable in my own body.
I will be turning 30 in 3 months. I want to get started now. Eating healthy and living a healthy lifestyle.
I will document it all here the good, the bad, and the ugly. I will start by listing my weight. I can’t believe that I am doing this but here it is.
240 lbs. 😦 I’m 5’5 so technically I’m considered severly obese. I am currently a size 16. I will post pictures along the way along with what is working for me.
Here I go. Wish me luck.